1988 John Tomac Mongoose, NOS Araya XT wheels, Tioga-REDUCED

mfh126

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ONLY THE VETTA SADDLE REMAINS.

After much deliberation, I've decided to put this up for sale. I just bought another frameset and the missus is asking me to move some on. I've made a resolution to ride more and build less this year, so some lucky person will have the opportunity to finish the project that I started. OK, now the details...[CLICK ON THE SMALL PICS TO EXPAND]
TomaconMongoose.jpg

1988 John Tomac Signature frameset: 19" frame. All decals have been removed except for the "Made in Japan" decal on the seat tube. The frameset comes with brand new frame and fork decals from gil_m, along with a nice repro Tange decal for the seat tube from VeloCals, and Shimano decals for the seat stays and top tube (the catalog bike did not have the Shimano decals on the top tube, but Tomac's bike did). The frame shows typical wear of a 24-year old bike, but as the pictures show it's still in good condition and, in my opinion, definitely would not need a respray. I'd like to get $350 for the frameset and decals (I paid over $100 just for the decals) NOW $300

I sourced all of the following parts for this build, so the buyer of the frameset gets first crack at them.

NOS Araya RM-20 / XT M730 wheelset: These wheels are absolutely gorgeous. NOS Hard anodized Araya RM-20 gold label rims laced to NOS XT M730 6-speed hubs. Rear spacing is 130mm. Included is the NOS Shimano 6-speed cassette. $275 NOW $250

NOS Vetta 200 saddle: This is the quintessential piece to this build. Exact spec that Tomac used. Beautiful suede cover. $100 NOW $95

NOS Tioga T-Bone stem: 135mm x 10 degree. $60 NOW $55

NOS Tioga Tange Prestige handlebar: 560mm. Includes NOS decals. $75 NOW $65 SOLD

NOS Suntour XC seatpost: 26.8 x 300mm. $80 NOW $70

NOS ODI Mountaineer "Mushroom" grips: They're correct for this build, except they're gray instead of black. $40 SOLD

Shimano XT 6-speed thumbies: Great condition. Not major marks or scuffs. No scratches on the clamps that I can see. $60 NOW $55
Shimano XT M730 front mech: Good condition. Inner plate has a little corrosion, but the rest of the mech is nice. $35 NOW $30
Shimano XT M730 rear mech: Very good condition. $60 NOW $55

Shimano XT M730 Biopace crankset: Great condition. Rings look like they've seen little use, although they are a bit dirty. Crank arms aren't scuffed too bad. $70

Shimano XT M730 brakes: Front and rear. Good condition, but could use a polish to restore the shine. All mounting hardware and pads are included. $35 (picture coming)

Shimano XT M730 brake levers: One lever is a bit bent. I have not tried bending it back. Maybe it could be fixed? Priced accordingly. $18

Shipping is not included in the prices for the frameset, wheels, and tires. Frameset will be about $60, wheels about $50, tires about $35 (but depends on the size of the box).

ez054098":37s3vzxl said:
Mike, do you have a closeup pic of the bars?
I'll see if I can get one for you Michael, but the finish is semi-glossy without any logos, only the Tioga stickers.

I would be possibly interested in the thumbshifters if they do come up..

...but like others I would prefer this going to somebody as a whole for finishing. Lovely bike :cool:

Back