1978 VW Camper - NEEDS A LOT OF WORK

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
OK - I thought I'd offer this up here before sticking it on Ebay just in case anyone is interested and has the necessary welding skills........

The van is complete and in running order with the 1600 motor having been rebuilt and converted to unleaded fuel around 3,000 miles ago. Everything works as far as I can tell. I've owned it since approx 1990 but it hasn't been used for around 10 years. The motor has been fired up periodically.

IT IS RUSTY.

The chassis and most body work panels around the lower 8" or so have SIGNIFICANT CORROSION. The body panels and sills etc are easy enough to do, although time consuming, however the chassis requires MAJOR SURGERY :shock:

It is probably not worth paying someone to carry out the work, but if you are a competent welder with lots of time to spare, or if you know a good welder who owes you a serious favour, you may be able to do something with this.

Difficult to put a price on but I've been advised it could go for between £2k - £3k.

Offered here for £2,200 plus transport costs. Van is currently in Glasgow.

If you are interested I can supply more detail and photos. Viewing is possible.

Be aware this is not a straightforward project and will require skill and significant time investment to do properly.

:|

Back