Aldi track pump £6

LittleSkink

Retro Guru
was in Aldi Sheffield tonight and they had track pumps with pressure gauge for £6

no idea of the quality - so comments please

I have a plastic Zefal one without gauge and it is a pain for that so quite interested - but only if is half decent

I think it's same as the Lidl one which is excellent for the money it's the same generic pump everyone else sells for about £15-20

Lidl currently have a twin piston footpump with a Schrader/presta double end for £6.
Got one, works ok.

I bought one for a friend - they are alright but pretty flimsy, especially the attachment of the barrel to the base is small screws into thin plastic and quite flexy - you'd have to be really careful in use or it's gonna snap pretty soon I think. Whole thing is quite light. What you'd expect for £6 really. A £15 Decathlon pump is definitely sturdier than this.

Re:

If it's anything like the Lidl one, I'd leave it alone unless you're really hard up (in which case it does work, just, for a while.)

All these cheap pumps are simply rubbish. They may work for a time, but even when they do they are irritating and inefficient compared to a good one. When my last Lidl track pump finally broke completely I gave up on cheap pumps and (grudgingly) bought a Lezyne track pump; it was one of the best cycling-related purchases I've ever made and I don't regret a single penny of the considerable price.

Getting 100PSI into my road bike tyres is now not just possible but almost enjoyable, the Lezyne pump is so well engineered and pleasant to use.

Back