Brake conversion....please help

zocial

Retro Newbie
Hi, new to the site and I need some help. I'm working on a Raleigh Grifter as a personal project. I want to keep it as original as possible with the affection of a personalised paint job. My problem is I want to convert it to rear V brakes. I know Dan's discomfort do a plate but I was wondering if there are any UK suppliers who won't cost me a small fortune. I am avoiding drilling or welding onto the frame. Any help would be so gratefully received

zocial":99ar6b0b said:
Hi, new to the site and I need some help. I'm working on a Raleigh Grifter as a personal project. I want to keep it as original as possible with the affection of a personalised paint job. My problem is I want to convert it to rear V brakes. I know Dan's discomfort do a plate but I was wondering if there are any UK suppliers who won't cost me a small fortune. I am avoiding drilling or welding onto the frame. Any help would be so gratefully received

Simple low cost option would be a brace from an old set of suspension forks maybe? or if you wanted to go for U-Brakes over V's then these plates are easier to come by as used by BMX'ers to convert Calliper Brakes to U-Brake or Centre Pull AD990 style brakes. Sometimes home-grown mods are the way to go, although personally i would leave the original brakes on a Grifter, but thats just me :)

Back