ONE BMX ONLY

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

Senior Retro Guru
Right this might be easy for some and tough for others !

Which one BMX would you have if you could have only one ?

not a parts build, but if you bought a complete from back in the day - can be any year !

could you choose without changing you mind ?

back in the day you had this choice - nowadays you can buy more than one bmx and justify having more than one by saying it's one I wanted back in the day

so what would you choose ?
even I will have to think on this one :shock:

cheers B :twisted:

I can't remember part names, but my mate had a white DP Firebird F&F with green everything else :cool: Skyways, panaracers, powdercoated Profile cranks :oops:
Best looking BMX i have ever seen bar none ;)

It would be the Raleigh 16 I had when I was six, I still look out for one for sale, but it could never replace the original bike.

I'd have to go with the Puch Track Invader I had in my teens (A friend traded it to me for my upgraded Raleigh Burner).

Fond memories of riding around the BMX track at the holiday camp we used to go to in the summers back then and the local woods...

I would like my mates bike from back in the day - although his was white, I would go with the yellow

it's a Curtis, yellow and black - he had one but decided that it would look better as he didn't like the loop and frame stands - so he went about cutting them off and welding and sanding down the parts to make it a smooth frame :facepalm:

he still has it and I just wish it was still as the day he bought it :facepalm:

what we did as kids was what we wanted - if only we had of known back then :roll: :LOL:

toughy.

I would love to say a chrome t/a with graphites.

but to choose only 1 it would have to be an early 80's mongoose. chrome, with black or red padset. I remember lusting over then at my local shop when I was a kid.

Complete:
The Diamond Back Harry Leary Turbo that I saw in a shop while on holiday in Oostend. Black-chrome frame with chrome parts. DB loaded it with 3-piece cranks, Oakley grips, etc. A real flagship model.

Or as a tribute build:
A fully-loaded all-Hutch all-chrome Trick Star. Built by a friend BITD, who passed away at a very young age. :(

Back