Wooden mudguards any one ?

sylus

Old School Grand Master
I'm in the process of adding to my collection by buying a surly big dummy and saw a few nicely personalised ones.

One thing I noticed but had not personally seen before was wooden mudguards and one maker in particular does an incredible job.

Thinking that the classic road crowd and single maniacs might have been looking for something like this I thought I'd pass on the info for anyone if they wanted a look

http://www.woodysfenders.com/store/

they truly are a beautiful piece of kit..I'll let you know how they fit and stand up to the test of time when mine arrive

Gawd, they're expensive, though, aren't they?

I'd be terrified of taking a wheel out, putting the bike down on its forks, and snap!

True chris..they are not your 10 quid fall to bits from halfords but don't forget the prices shown are in dollars as the fella's a yank

but if you did have a classic, single etc and had thought how do i make it different and never having seen wood guards before these looked lovely

Exspensive? by brit standards? probably not but I looked at it this way

for the price of one night out on the beer, a dodgy kebab to breath over the mrs..I will have an addition to my bike that i will see everyday that makes me smile

lol your comment...they're exspensive aren't they...you sounded just like the mrs everytime I buy a bike thing

Listen, I can't say a thing about price and bikes. It would shock most people here if they realised what I've spent on bikes over the years.

It's just wood is not very, well, flexible. If it snapped, you'd be gutted.

CChris2lou..yes on a surly lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26561512@N ... 104512727/

they match the rear wooden deck

Chris667

I do see your point chris and yes I would be gutted..the same way I would be gutted if a bike was stolen..wouldn't stop me buying a bike though

I appreciate they are not everyone's cuppa tea but for a classic or even something different..for me..they seem lovely and quite unique

If they were plywood of very high grade they'd be fine...

I've owned a boat built of tortured ply; one 4mm sheet folded like a paper dart into a hull.

I appreciate they are not everyone's cuppa tea but for a classic or even something different..for me..they seem lovely and quite unique

They're maybe OK for a new bike, but they're not appropriate for a "classic".

I'm sure I've seen these on a big tyre'd beast :?

Back