Raleigh Courier - Worth a Punt?

ntmh72

Retro Newbie
Hi guys

Still very new to all this, but I am increasingly keen to get involved!

What has surpsrised me is some of the seemingly crazy prices that old bikes are fetching on Ebay...!

Passing my LBS yesterday, I noticed a vintage bike outside the shop. A Raleigh Courier. Now I had no time to get a pic or enquire about the bike, but having phoned the shop this morning, I am told it has been serviced and is in decent working order.

It is approx. 21" frame, 3 speed sturmey archer and 26 x 1 3/8 wheels, the original ones I'd say.

Anyway, what I'd like to know from those with a better knowledge than I is what you think a fair price to pay would be for this bike and whether they make a decent base for a conversion project....perhaps a single speed conversion?

I know what the bike is on sale for, but I wanted to get an opinion if that's ok. To be honest after watching Ebay this weekend I reckon I could double my money on it without actually doing any more than taking it home!

Thanks for your help

Not sure about pricing.
If you like it and would ride it- buy it.
If it is original I would be very inclined to keep it together.
J.

Ebay bikes go for crazy money, yet yo can still grab a bargain, there must be a lot of noobs on there just buying retro stuff because the seller says it's retro, madness!!!

Anyway I'd want the bike for about £50 if it's in good nick. I quite fancy a 3 speed sit up and beg bike for some reason.

And I'd agree with Jerome keep it stock. It won't be fantastic quality and not worth pumping money into imo keep it stock or sell it on for a profit.

Back