Cinelli bolts

pistolpedro

Old School Hero
Hi Guys

I have an old Cinelli 1 A quill stem (i think its from the 80's)

Looking to replace both the long bolt and also the bolt on the front (I say bolt but it has two allen key sockets on either end so i'm not 100% sure what type of fixing it is ) can these be bought separately?

pete

I'm sure I've used an allen key seat bolt for this in the past, the type with an allen key 'socket' at each end.

Cheers Ned

Had a look on SJS cycles and they look very similar, ordered one should be here by fri, just need to sort out the longer bolt now

the front bolt is commonly called the "nose bolt". The one you have is already a replacement, as the original bolt will have been clean on the front face with no allen key socket, but a small blip on the inner face to stop it turning. They were unfortunatley renowned for breaking - Ive broken 2, but maybe thats due to heavy handed fitting.

Thanks pigman, i thought it was odd that it was different to another cinelli stem I have, not as attractive for sure but its definitely easier to tighten up :D

Replacement bolt should be here in today andi've just dropped the stem off at the anodisers, i'll post some pics up on the reader rides forum when its all done

Back