Spokesmann - Carlton Catalina 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
bagpuss - Carlton International 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
November: sherlylock - 1939 Claud Butler Tandem 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
December: Rolling Thunder - 1987 Colnago Master 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 am 
Retro Guru

Wow!! Work took me away for a few months, to come back and find this! What an honour and what a fabulous winning bike. Congratulations! Thank you for the nomination ladies and gents. Honoured to even have been considered.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:45 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Congratulations Old Tel a standout machine in a fine collection of machines. And if that bike could talk the stories it could tell would probably keep us all enthralled down the pedal and sprocket when we could get back into pubs again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:33 am 
Dirt Disciple

I still do not know how this works. I only vote if I have entered a bike. There are 11 bikes shown (I guess there was an idle month), 14 votes; but technically only 10 separate owners with one being represented in 2 different months for different categories (does that individual get 2 votes?). Still trying to to rationalize the extra 3-4 votes. If these voting periods are open to everyone then I think it should be more clearly stated since I probably would have provided a vote; although I would prefer it to be closed to the contestants themselves since they not only put in the effort on their bikes, but also took time to allow lowly members such as myself to see their efforts in their (possibly) final glory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:44 am 
BoTM | rBoTM | rider
BoTM | rBoTM | rider

Jesper wrote:
I still do not know how this works. I only vote if I have entered a bike. There are 11 bikes shown (I guess there was an idle month), 14 votes; but technically only 10 separate owners with one being represented in 2 different months for different categories (does that individual get 2 votes?). Still trying to to rationalize the extra 3-4 votes. If these voting periods are open to everyone then I think it should be more clearly stated since I probably would have provided a vote; although I would prefer it to be closed to the contestants themselves since they not only put in the effort on their bikes, but also took time to allow lowly members such as myself to see their efforts in their (possibly) final glory.

Here’s the BotM rules; http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

RBotM follows along the same lines basically but Jamie is sometimes a little more lenient with regards to entries to help keep the numbers up.
Voting has to be open to the whole community, it’s fun and also prevents all entries drawing level with one vote each :facepalm:

BTW you need to post a 30th comment/reply/thread etc before you can vote.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:21 am 
Dirt Disciple

Thanks @Peachy!
I have entered, but just "voted" by comment. This is my 30th post so I guess I do not spend much time online. My time here is more for research than display. I figure everyone here has see what I have so not much point in showing another 'so and so' in a different color.

I will still only vote if I enter a frame or bike, but I rarely photo a finished bike (maybe 6 out of 80 bikes), and being a solo rider not many to snap a photo of me riding (2 in my lifetime).

I certainly would not vote for myself, results matter not; probably why I do not enter a bike very often.

Also, I only really come to a site based on its initial focus; finding far too many sites catering to non-cycling issues best discussed on a forum dedicated to that subject.