RBotM - March 2020 - Open Month - All Welcome - Enter Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM March 2020 - OPEN Month - all welcome!

Welcome to this months competition, as it says, open to all. So grab that few minutes of sun when it comes and snap a photo or two and tell us a bit about what your riding or building this month.
Judging by the threads showing what people are up to it would be a great month if people took the short bit of time to stick a photo here.

Thanks

Jamie

A 1990/1991 local brand from Holland - Corano (no, not Corona)
img_3082.jpg

img_3084.jpg

Re:

Latest N+1. This is a team Gewiss Bianchi (1989) bike in original paint with, from what I can see, the correct original components. C Record 7 speed with Deltas. Not a museum piece so definitely a spring rider. Just needs a rear gear cable

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 4,739
whoo thats nice, I don't venture into these parts often - let alone comment

thats well nice

Re:

I agree with old tatty (retrospud) that is one very nice Bianchi.
I am here often and must say that is the nicest, most inviting ride I have seen for a while.
It is like some sort of cycle siren enticingly calling you out to ride with the promise of spring sunshine ☀️
Beautiful!

Jamie

Re:

Here's my latest road project: a 1992 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra team Kelme livery.

In contrast to most Corsa Extra's, this one isn't built from Columbus SLX (or TSX) tubing but from Columbus Max. These Corsa Extra'sw were produced for only one year (1992) and were precursor to the later MX Leader. (introduced in 1993)

Attachments

• Kelme_LR.jpg
    Kelme_LR.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 4,525
Re:

Very lovely Merckx, and a rarer one at that :)

Only issue is a bit too much text, try and keep it to a couple of sentences with then a link to a page in readers rides or elsewhere with the build thread with all the other details. If you haven’t got a build thread for it already then definitely get one started as it is a beauty of a build.
This comp is more for the eye candy side of things ;)

Jamie

A bitsa build for mrs non-fixie, to see if I can get her to like drop bars. Snel campeur-style frame, with pretty much every part originating from a different manufacturer.

1k0.jpg

Hi,

I'd like like to add my 1997 Pinarello Radius, the special Dedacciai HT tubeset was designed and TIG welded by master framebuilder Dario Pegoretti whilst working under contract for Pinarello back then. I put an almost NOS Campagnolo Record 10 speed groupset I had waiting for the right build. Campagnolo Neutron wheels and 3ttt bars and stem. Its a fairly light build at around 8kg, sticks to the road like its on rails and stiff yet comfortable to ride all day.

Enjoy!

Toby

Attachments

• thumbnail9.jpg
    thumbnail9.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4,242
  • thumbnail5.jpg
    thumbnail5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 4,241
  • thumbnail8.jpg
    thumbnail8.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 4,242