Raleigh Polychromatic Green used on Lenton

TheHistoryMan

Retro Newbie
Hi

I have a 1954 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris male frame and a 1954 standard Lenton women's frame both of which are 531 frame and forks. I aim to restore to as near as original as I can. The problem is I cannot find a colour match for the polychromatic green, a metallic green used by Raleigh in the 1950s. Does any one have experience of sourcing this colour?

TIA

I’d say the flam green I got done at Bob jackson’s Isn’t too far off. Maybe a little dark.

Attachments

• 583E02A6-9A66-4F0C-942A-4AE7BAB466E9.jpeg
    583E02A6-9A66-4F0C-942A-4AE7BAB466E9.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 607
  • F6D8DFB4-DA0C-4425-8153-B153F24224E9.png
    F6D8DFB4-DA0C-4425-8153-B153F24224E9.png
    452.3 KB · Views: 607
Re:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can’t have TWO THM’s!!!!! :facepalm:

There must be a Forum Rule that’s been broken here!!!!

I thought the lentons of the 1950s had 3 main tubes plain 531, it may be possible to feel the seams on the fork blades, facing the wheel.

For restoration you have 26 x 1 1/4 chrome endrick rims, 26 TPI head and bracket bearings, and 5 /16 rear fork ends. For single speed Raleigh supplied a hub with a 5/16 axle.

Keith

No confusion for a computer with THM, one has 2 extra characters (in ASCII 20H or 32 Decimal) so quite different.

Re:

Thanks for the replies

I will look up the frame restorers mentioned as a way to have my frames restored.

I thought the Reg Harris Lenton had fame and forks 531 although when checking on Sheldon my frame seems to have had the light bracket on the front forks where as my one does not.

THM Finally when I originally signed up with this site some years ago I had the The History Man as my log in as stored in my key chain on my computer. This must have been 10 or so years ago. When I tried to get on recently is would not accept it - I assume a period of not being used releases the log in name or it was wrongly remembered by my computer. This happened to me with twitter when my log in was The History Man was reallocated when a long period of illness meant inactivity although my early tweets could still be seen. I see no problem with TheHistoryMan.....:xmas-wink:

Re:

I do. If you’re going to be active on here something else That isn’t pretty much the same as my name would be far better and less confusing for all. As you’ve only made a couple of posts it would be better to change now.

Back