Barn finds

avalonian

Specialized Fan
Where are they ? the barns that is, I have just been on the Bay of E and it's full of bikes from them,

Re:

Everywhere. Twenty years ago they were full of classic cars. The people that bought them left their bikes there and now they are on eBay.

Re:

It wasnt a serious answer. A couple of decades ago classic cars were the thing to own because, it was said, there were loads of cars abandoned in barns that you could buy, fix up for next to nothing and sell for a profit. With the resurgence in cycling that idea has spread to bikes.

Re:

In days of old 'Barns' were cold wet draughty areas where mechanical things gathered rust & cobwebs. Nowadays 'Barns' seem to be insulated, draught free, heated, often temperature & humidity controlled. 'Barns' seem to be a place where high quality, highly polished, immaculate resto's emerge from.

I've bypassed the 'Barn Find' & now moved onto 'Left Outside'.

Did you hear the tale about the old empty rusty barn?

There was nothing in it...........................

(With apologies to Private Fraser)

My son has left home at only 17 years of age. I know, it's every parent's dream but the point is he now lives on a farm. He's an apprentice farrier. The barns are 15 feet high with all kinds of rubbish but there are a few gems. A Vespa V90 in completely original condition. It's 1974 and orange. We just need to negotiate and I think it will be heading north.
Next time down there I'll have a look round for any classic bicycles. They might be wedged behind the classic quad bikes, of which there are several.

This one was a Barn Find along with a couple of others I didn't want, although I didn't find it and came by it via ebay.

The chap I bought it from told me this and two others of lower quality were in a barn when they bought the property.

Back