Giant Cadex?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I remember really liking the look of the Giant Cadex bikes when they first came out, am looking for another project that I don't need, and was wondering about them... are they any good? "noodly" like vitus are supposed to be (I've never ridden either of them so have no personal experience to compare)? do they have problems with the joints coming apart (and if they do, can they be fixed?)? Anything I should look out for? Anyone got one?

Re:

I rode one for a season that had been crashed and loved it. Something else came along and I gave it to a friend who went on to use it to train on. Thousands of miles later its his turbo warm up bike. He was whilst training on it Cornwall’s fastest time trialler. At over six foot I think he’d of mentioned if it was noodly. Wish I still had it.

Re:

I know your after a cfr, I can only comment on my cfm I raced on bitd which was great and definitely not noodely. Mine is still going strong 23 years later.

Re:

These sold well in the Netherlands. Some of the sponsored guys in my cycling club got a deal on these at the time. Believe they were handling well and and not noodly at all. Comfortable on longer rides, though I think thats more because of geometry than material.
From what I have seen they held up quite well over time. The tubes are not full carbon though. They were thin alu tubes with layers of carbon on the outside. You can find many of these on marktplaats.nl.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/z/fietsen-en ... goryId=464

I rather like my 980C:

1k0.jpg

I saw a mountain bike version on the Vancouver CraigsList recently. Maybe I'm dumb, but I'd never buy an old carbon frame.

Back