Puch identification

gedorin

Retro Newbie
I have this 10 speed Puch. I'm looking for more info on the model as I'd like to return it as close to stock as possible.
The decals and paint look a lot like this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=273524 but almost everything else is different.
Unfortunately, due to the large amount of rust, I don't think i can keep the original paint. I'd appreciate any ideas on alternatives to having it resprayed. Also, what can I do with the rusted parts of the crank, shifter, rims etc. that used to have a chrome finish? Here are a couple of pics:

https://goo.gl/photos/ivubTaM5SP8tZpJ46

Thanks!

Re:

The bike you compare yours with looks quite a decent road bike. Yours is a low end "sports" bike. You can't make it into the other type.

It's your money, but I wouild consider it a waste if mine.

Keith

Hey Keith! I'm aware it's in bad shape and worthless, but it has sentimental value to me (you can check my "introduce yourself" post) and I don't mind spending some money on it to get it back to working condition. Just a model name or a picture of a similar bike that's stock would help a lot. Thanks!

Re:

UPDATE:
It's a Clubman upon further inspection of the decals. I'm not sure what year or what the original handlebar shape was. I seem to find multiple handlebar variants.

back in the late 70s - early 80s I had a 10speed Puch Clubman, in a lovley bordeaux red with gold decals, myself - when I was a kid. The Clubman range wast he budget line and nowadays is Hipsters stuff; they do Single Speed or fixed geared conversations out of it.

Re:

Oh no.. not the hipsters again.. first it was the glasses, then the beard, now this.. I'll have to shave and get contacts.

Hey guys,

I'm back with my success story. There are still some improvements to be done, but here's the finished project with before pics as well. I rode it to work today and I must say the speed and handling are a pleasant surprise. The riding position, not so much :D Oh, the stickers are in the process of getting restored but they will be white on transparent background as I think it would be a better contrast with the green frame.

https://goo.gl/photos/u8nhDRYMKgTJcp4j8

Back