Raleigh Record .

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Just bought an old Raleigh Record as a project . Basic kit .
Campagnolo 980? gears , gold anodized c/s, hubs {shimano?}. bars and brakes weinmann all gold anodized Needs a coat of paint or powder coat . A lot of fun for February .
My size at 23.5
Pictuers to come .

Re:

Yes to the rims and i agree with you on the hubs. They was my first thought The remaind of a transfer had me confused :facepalm: . Will have a good look at it tomorrow.

I take it the Record Sprint was a lower end model as it didn't have any campag on it and didn't have the Hellicomatic hubs

Re:

Had a few of these. They changed them over the years. I've still got a minter in the garage that I paid £49 for. Gold anodised were the early ones with Campag front mech and DT shifters. Last in the line had Aero levers in black with black Weinmann sidepulls. Only the frame tubes were 501. Chainstays and forks were chromo. Nice wheels that are let down by galvanised spokes that break easily. A rebuild with stainless is worth it if you are handy. Goodlooking bikes that ride well. Very underated but they don't fetch big money. I would not spend too much on a respray. I modernised mine a bit.
12305315473_31c02b9c02_b.jpg

Re:

If I decide to keep it as a run about I was going to have it powder coated {£50}. or wait till spring rub it down and blow it over with a can .

Change all the old components to later ones I already have.
Problem is I have other projects to finish :facepalm: ...still plenty of time to chew it over . I really only bought it because the frame is my size .

Ps. I like your upgraded one .....food for thought :idea:

Back