Vintage Racer Headset Bearings etc.

Markone

Retro Guru
I am about to strip clean and reassemble a vintage Raleigh light weight racer from the late 1980's.I'd like to know where if needed I will be able to source all the relevant bearings for the headset, bottom bracket and wheel hubs?

Thanks in advance...

if you're not sure of whar size bearings for the relevant component then Park Tools SBC-1 bearing gauge is a useful item for your tool box << http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Park-Tool-SBC ... SwZQxW3VJk >> ........as a general rule of thumb most Raleigh bikes of this era would have 1/4" bearings for the b/brkt, 1/8th" for headset, 3/16" for front hub and 1/4" for the rear hub, bear in mind though there are variants to these sizes but not often

Griff

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The simply bearings co stock various quality bearings in loose ball packs, go for the higher quality ones as they are graded to a much closer tolerance, the vast majority of loose ball packs sold in shops are of the lower grade.

I will also need the correct tools for the job ,cone spanners etc.Is there somewhere that sells all the relevant tools in a set for vintage bikes and that would be applicable to a vintage Raleigh racer?

Ebay item 262106370018 44 piece tool kit, also available on Amazon, not the best quality but for the price, should do more than you need.

Ebay item 262106370018 44 piece tool kit, also available on Amazon, not the best quality but for the price, should do more than you need.

Back