Effetto Mariposa Carogna tub tape Question

sawston_vulcan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Has anyone used this tub tape?

If anyone has...any good? Ease of removing and replacing the tub? If one has to replace on the road..with a glued tub there is something to hold the new tub... What about with the Carogna tape...any feedback would be appreciated.

I have used it. Easy to fit and seems to be well stuck, as well as glue at least. I haven't had to remove the tubs yet, so can't comment on that. From what I've read, it should come off the rim quite cleanly. I carry a glued tub as a spare, and plan on getting a can of spray sealant too (my lbs stocks zefal, which in his experience works the best and also comes in a smaller pocket-friendly size can)

It seems quite expensive to me, when a premium tape like Tub Tape works perfectly well. I can see where they are coming from with the theory, but at £10 per wheel... The reviews say it's not instant either, which might be worth bearing in mind for roadside swaps. It seems to have a self-adhesive side on the wheel side, then the tubular side is impregnated with adhesive which is activated by pressure and cures off in around 8 hours. So I would read that it's probably not going to be best for roadside swaps and you'd be better off with a can of Pit Stop in your pocket to get you home where you can change it properly.

Back