Dynatech 700 SBDU

sheggers

Old School Hero
One of these for sale on ebay with a full 600 tricolour group and in pretty good nick - I'm after a dynatech and he's looking for £450. Having done a bit of research maybe sounds a bit rich - any thoughts on value of these bikes with this group and in good condition? Those monostays just have me drooling... :LOL:

It's way after my time but I think SBDU morphed into the RSP (Raleigh Special Products Division) when it moved from Ilkeston to Newcastle

Shaun

Special Products (RSP) began 1990, when they moved the SBDU to Nottingham and launched Dyna-Tech.
Monostay 700's were only produced in that year (1990). Serial number should begin with 'A' for 1990.

Dynatech's as others have said here were SPD (later morphed into RSP post dynatech) this division used to be SBDU before they moved. But this is important as SBDU is specifically Ikeston and not Nottingham.
Even their new Taiwanese made carbon team race bikes are known as SP (Special products)
So from my knowledge Worksop was Lightweights - Ikeston was SBDU which when they moved became SPD (Dynatech and later Torus) ---> RSP (MTrax and Pro Line years - Barrie Clarke/DHO etc) ---> SP (Taiwanese made carbon plastic)

Was there a reason they only made them for one year I had heard that the early models suffered from frame breakages :roll:

sheggers":2lqqzvv0 said:
One of these for sale on ebay with a full 600 tricolour group and in pretty good nick - I'm after a dynatech and he's looking for £450. Having done a bit of research maybe sounds a bit rich - any thoughts on value of these bikes with this group and in good condition? Those monostays just have me drooling... :LOL:

I know what you mean about the monostays!

Re:

IMHO The 700 is a good frame , i have one with a "B" serial number and its a monostay......
I was trying to confirm the build date on another thread; which featured my bike...

To think the frame is 25 years old and still going strong.....i dont know what all the fuss is about frames becoming unstuck......

Maybe we should share some info on this issue......

Its a real exclusive riding this bike; i enjoy the look on peoples faces when i tell them how old it is.......
everyone is on carbon or OS aluminium........steel is VERY rare now i think........and prices are silly.

Back