Vitus frames

mattsccm

Senior Retro Guru
I have come across a couple of Vitus frames in a cycle recycle place. Wasn't worth pulling them down to look at at the time but one looks to be cast/forged alloy lugs with carbon tubes and the other has the same lugs with alloy tubes. Might be wrong.
What do I look for apart from rattling tubes? Both appear tidy. What might be a good price. ( not necessarily market value :LOL: )
There is also a Dynatech frame with similar construction. Any of them worth a go as a project. Also a Dawes Galaxy for £295 but I don't want that.

Dynatech frames come in many flavours, I've got 2 Dynatech 500's which are not all that collectable. You need to find out which Dynatech and see if it top trumps a Vitus :)

Shaun

I think the main thing with the carbon frames is the bonding because the adhesives were quite new at the time and they started to break down quite quickly.

Seem to get the impression that the alloy ones were quite delicate, so it's more a matter of how much damage it has sustained.

Re:

Nothing delicate about Vitus frames except how they look!I have 4 Viti and 1 has just done Retroronde and 55 miler at Eroica B last weekend ( on 20 mm tyres) and it's still in 1 piece.As with any bike just check its integrity in the usual way with special reference to joints (which are stuck with airplane adhesive so that probably works!)

Back