1957 DAWES full bike restored - 100% proceeds to charity!

SavagePower

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello all,

I was given this bike when I sold one of my Proflex's to the buyer and even though I said it was too generous and I'd not ride it, he insisted I take it. As he and a relative of mine suffered from Meningitis, I'm donating ALL the money from the sale of the bike to a Meningitis charity.

£400 for the WHOLE BIKE - collection in Manchester only I will NOT courier it.

--
All proceeds from the sale of this bike are going to a meningitis charity.

Local bike shop vintage expert valued the frame & forks alone at £400 so that's the price for the whole bike, the rest on it comes free!

Collection only from Manchester. I will not courier it.

Close up pictures of the bike are here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 46bc01c113

11406943_1617014748516411_3017020978294464286_n.jpg

Thanks.

£400 is for the WHOLE BIKE. The expert told me the frame and forks would be worth that whoever splashes £400 get the entire bike. :cool: Plus I am not profiting from this at all.

Spokesmann":3tsyclzi said:
Very nice! £400 for the frame and forks sounds optimistic.

Yes realised that, just the initial estimate for the frame and forks seemed generous!

Thanks for the interest, cheers pal :) I had it valued by a roadie as I'm an offroad guy (which you'll have noted) so I have to go with what he suggests. I just want it gone and the money to the charity as its taking my time away from my MTB's.

Spokesmann":33nfqi18 said:
Yes. Thanks. I'll leave it there.

Great idea :D and if its all going to charity thats fab :D
Menegitis is a terrible affliction that has no age limits. Any further funding is top notch in my book.

But have you considered doing this on ebay ? I just feel the forum is too small,especially the road section ( :p )
And i think you can specify the whole lot goes into the pot,plus i think ebay waiver fees in such cases . Cant say for sure on the latter but im sure ive come across that before :?

Not all families or friends of victims and sufferers visit RB. I'd suggest ebay as your best bet.

:cool: Well done chap :D

Thanks, I had considered ebay as I'm a regular on there (as all of us probably are) but as a 'business seller' (I'm not a business) they do charge listing and final value fees even for charity auctions from the quick look I've had.

Also, I would have to accept PayPal which for this I do not want to because PayPal require me to prove it has been delivered and with collection only that wouldn't be possible, meaning I wouldn't be protected by PayPal so that's a non starter.

If I find a way around avoiding fees I'd entertain the ebay idea. :cool:

dyna-ti":21iarc2l said:
Great idea :D and if its all going to charity thats fab :D
Menegitis is a terrible affliction that has no age limits. Any further funding is top notch in my book.

But have you considered doing this on ebay ? I just feel the forum is too small,especially the road section ( :p )
And i think you can specify the whole lot goes into the pot,plus i think ebay waiver fees in such cases . Cant say for sure on the latter but im sure ive come across that before :?

Not all families or friends of victims and sufferers visit RB. I'd suggest ebay as your best bet.

:cool: Well done chap :D

Latest posts

Back