Dynatech low pro chani ring problem

brave

Retro Newbie
hi folks, new to this forum so apologies if this is the wrong section
I bought a dynatech low pro tt frame off ebay, and thought I would use parts from an old Raleigh equip left over from a fixie build.
problem is that the smaller chain ring from the equip hits the rear triangle on the tt frame.
any ideas what fits/what came as standard?
thanks!
Untitled by Leo Dawkins, on Flickr

heres the bike
Untitled by Leo Dawkins, on Flickr

Re:

I've unbolted the inner ring for now but being as unfit as I am I can see it wont be much fun ha. By loner axle do we mean bottom bracket mech? I'm not very bike fluent

Re:

I've unbolted the inner ring for now but being as unfit as I am I can see it wont be much fun ha. By loner axle do we mean bottom bracket mech? I'm not very bike fluent

Different bottom brackets (the axle bit that the cranks attach to) are different lengths. Some that might be expected to be the same aren't (ask me how I know) because they were made to match cranks that were changed by the manufacturer (usually Campagnolo) at different times. Add to this that apart from English, Italian and French threads you may need to bear in mind that there are at least two different tapers and you have some homework ahead! There will be an answer so be patient.

I think the op swapped over the bb and the cranks from the Raleigh?

The lo pro needs a longer axle to clear the chain stay, my swb single chainring Jackson needs a 113mm axle from a double to fit.

What bb is there at the moment?

Shaun

The frame was sold with a bottom bracket installed:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301604186862

As others have written, the bottom bracket axle length needs to suit the cranks you intend to fit. The frame may well have been used with a single chainring for time-trialling, so the axle may be shorter than suitable for most doubles.

The frame really deserves nicer parts than you're fitting, and it would be a false economy to buy a new bottom bracket to suit those cranks. It would make more sense (just my opinion) to save up for some more suitable period cranks (Shimano 600, MAVIC 631, Campag Chorus, etc) and fit the correct corresponding bottom bracket axle.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Well ATM I am trying to sort of work out what this should have fitted and just thrown it together for the meantime with parts I already have so I can ride it. I don't know if I'm not looking in the right places but I just can't find out the info on it. Hopefully joining this forum will prove useful, thanks for info so far. Keep it coming so I can build the bike as it should be! :)

Latest posts

Back