Been Bag Cycle Clothing Ltd

Corinne

Dirt Disciple
Hello Everyone,

I have already posted this on the Mountain Bike Forum and someone suggested I try here too!

I thought you guys would be the ones to ask for any pics and stories/memories you might have about been bag.

My Mum, Molly Lowe (she used to be known as Molly Beens to many in the industry...) set up the company back in the late seventies after making a pair of shorts for my Dad. His mate said 'me too' and soon she was making shorts, jerseys, jackets originally for road cyclists and then in the late 80's early 90's were the forerunners in designing clothing for the Mountain Bike riders that was for a first in cycle clothing in the UK.

Been Bag made clothing for many cycle teams both professional and local clubs and were regulars exhibiting at the CTC raleigh in York, the International Cycle Festival in Harrogate and most of the Mountain Bike races with a tent in a field!

I have an old Been Bag catalogue that I can post pictures of if anyone is interested and might act as a prompt to our ageing memories!

The reason for the post is that despite having had the company for over twenty years we have little to look back on. Mum is in her mid seventies now and I thought it would be nice to put together a scrap book of the business as much as I can.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance!

Corinne
PS - I have posted some pics of an old catalogue I found and placed them on the Mountain bike forum under the Been Bag discussion if you want a look!

Re: been bag

Glad to hear it :) that was always the trouble... The clothing lasted too long!
Maybe we should set up in business again as maybe our original customers like you might need a few new items about now :)
Tks for your post Ian much appreciated!

Back