Bike age

Jonnybev82

Retro Newbie
Hey

Does anyone know what age this bike is roughly?? Thinking of buying but want a bike older than 1980's and think this is and 80's bike.

It has 51850 on the front of the bike above the bianchi logo, think it might be missing a number. Is made from Tubi Calibrate 1-20

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121605026374? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I'm no bianchi expert but I don't think it's even real. frame details and part selection screams junk.

Looks to be a low end Bianchi from the 1980s as you suspect.
Tubi Calibrati 1-20 was their name for "gas pipe" tubing and was nothing special but for some reason these low end Bianchis fetch good money on eBay.

Not all Bianchis were top flight racing machines just like not all Raleighs were SBDU.

Mark.

Thanks for the help. I wasn't expecting it to be top flight, just want a 1970's or earlier bike to build up as a project. At a push I would go to 1982 (year I was born). I just don't wan't to spend loads on the frame.

Re:

It's bianchi sprint bambino. Probably 1975 or 1973. It looks like real. Most part of equipment is orginal (brake levers, cranks). Frame looks nice :)

Re:

I'm pretty sure it's a Sprint, though a later one, as the decals, cable guides and components are all early 80s. Anyhow, as suggested, very much an entry-level Bianchi.

Re:

I'm blown away by what they're asking for that rusty POS. Around here you'd at least get a full cromolly frame for that kind of money. I'd keep looking.

Back