Help me identify this titanium frame

reundo

Retro Newbie
Hey guys.

I have been reading posts on this site on and off for a few years now. I just picked up a new titanium bike and was wondering if I could get some help identifying the frame. Previous owner was told it was a Litespeed, but I don't think it is. I will be emailing them this week.

Details:
1 inch head tube
25.8mm seatpost?? (it maybe 26 not sure)
Serial number - A311####

See attached photos for more.

I am loving it so far, besides breaking the campy seatpin when I went to adjust the seatpost height, ugh!

Thanks!

Attachments

• dropouts.jpg
    dropouts.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 904
  • completeBike.jpg
    completeBike.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 904
Doesn't look like a Litespeed - pressed rear drop-outs suggest this is one of the early Taiwanese/ex-Iron Curtain titanium frames that started appearing about 15 years ago.

monty dog":14f0t3d7 said:
Doesn't look like a Litespeed - pressed rear drop-outs suggest this is one of the early Taiwanese/ex-Iron Curtain titanium frames that started appearing about 15 years ago.

Thanks! I didn't think it was litespeed either. Could you point me in the right direction for more info on those frames? I still haven't been able to find anything online with similar dropouts. The frame seems to be very well made. The welds look great.

It also has some nice detailing like the chain keeper pip on the dropout, suggesting it's no budget frame. Some Litespeed MTBs did have those dropouts, along with frames that they fabbed for others.

hamster":g2vnogfc said:
It also has some nice detailing like the chain keeper pip on the dropout, suggesting it's no budget frame. Some Litespeed MTBs did have those dropouts, along with frames that they fabbed for others.

Yeah, it is a really nice frame. Just wish it had a standard 27.2 seatpost.

I contacted both Litespeed and then Lynskey. Neither recognized the serial number, nor could they give me further information.

Can't tell until I look at my old frame which is locked away elsewhere so a bit of a pain all round, ive a slightly more recent{10yrs} Moratti cross with similar dropouts and v v good welding,it also takes a very obscure seatpost the Salsa in mine was only thing I could find mine is more modern headset sizing and slightly more oversize tubing,not sure if still trading my understanding was they were built by themselves not rebadged from China or Russia etc my cross frame has a ti fork that must of taken as much time as the frame

mattsccm":2ok8fkzb said:
Unlikely but is it a Planet X? They have done various Ti bikes over the years.

I would second this. They had a frameset made by Serotta for a while. Looked very nice indeed.

Back