Wes Mason

bigplinky

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Well picked up my first road bike project today. 1970's Wes Mason frame with mainly Shimano 600 running gear (Frame number 0044, 20.5" C-C). Frame looks to be in pretty decent nick but the Seatpost is stuck. Wheels will need re-spoking and then just a good clean and polish for everything else. Don't know if I'll use it much but who cares it's nice to look at.

Hope you like it

Andy

IMG_0481_zps48834117.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0478_zpsb35f23e5.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0479_zps8e958681.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0480_zps53db5d22.jpg
[/URL]

Lovely little frame. How people can just chuck things like this in a skip beats me. Can't they see that there is a value in it?

What a great find! Really nice.
Theres a similar looking Wes Mason frame and fork on Hilary Stones site and it certainly isn't 'skip' type money.
Regardless of any monetary value, its a lovely frame that has a lot of happy miles still to give.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks for the comments guys hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to post up some progress with getting it sorted

Wes Mason was part of the 3-man proprietors of the famous MKM brand, the other two being Arthur Metcalfe and Ron Kitching. Wes started under his own name in 1979 and stopped in 1992 or so. If I recall he still rides his bike today aged in his early 80's. I briefly owned a silver WM model from 1983, it had neat cutout lugs on a full 531 tubset, recessed bolt brake holes, engraved Mason seatstay eyes and pretty close clearances and steeper headtube angle - gloating the MKM heritage perhaps. Nice frame and I sold it to a fellow RB'er.

7365091460_6e3a508093_z.jpg

Back