Lightweight stuff for a 1983 Moser Aero

LeifMichelsen

Dirt Disciple
Hey guys,

I havent been very active here as I am from Germany and usually am not looking for very rare stuff. But since I am now building up a 1983 Moser Aero (SL Tubing) and want to get below 8kg with reasonable effort and good parts, I have to search a little beyond the limits I was used to.
You can see the reconstruction of my Moser here --> http://fotos.rennrad-news.de/s/14532
(also if you'd like to see the Somec Super Air Crono Strada that is built up at the moment too by the way)
I'd like to get my hands on the following parts:

- 32 hole OMAS rear hub, also FT Magnesium hubs I'd like to try
- Selle Italia Superleggera or Concor superleggera or similar, needn't be in good shape as I like to try to get it's weight further down
- CLB duralinox brake housing set 85g (silver)
- Ale bottle cage 35g (silver or black)
- SR Royal superlight stem (80-100mm) and seat post (27.2mm)
- 1983 Moser jersey GiS Gelati in L (50cm armpit to armpit)
- Ale nylon pedal straps, black or brown
- Vittoria titanium pedals, whatever they might cost (I know they won't be cheap to get)
- Assos titanium pedals or titanium spindles
- LLC aluminium pedals with aluminium spindle

Also info on where to get some of those parts would help. I might have just the parts to swap with you. Other then that I know the price tags on those parts, so please don't be afraid to get in touch with me via pm. Regards.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hey Ian,

thanks for those tips.
1. OMAS - I didn't specify my search enough - I do have a set of 28h OMAS hubs with Alu axles, so I am looking for a rear big sliding hub with 32 holes. It is not important what kind of material that axle would be as I could interchange the axle.
2. Concor saddle - I might have found a used superleggera I can work on, but thanks for the tips
3. Thanks for those tips. They are really not that easy to get. As for the Assos, I do have the steel version which this also is. Also, I got mine for a lot less than that.
As for the Vittoria pedals - I would indeed pay as much for the titanium version, but this is also the steel version + that seller dosn't sent to Germany, which is the reason I couldn't find them on eBay. I have already contacted him a few times before for other items - he never gave in on that point, but also didn't tell why he wouldn't ship here. So I guess I have to wait for those pedals.
4. Ale cages: I found the black one this night and already bet on them, so I hope my search ends there. Thanks for your links!

As I also built up a Somec TT Super Air which I can't always ride with the front disc on (very windy here) I'd also like to find a 26" Campa Shamal 1st Gen for tubular tires or an old Mavic Cosmic front wheel.

No worries matey! Glad I could kinda help[not]

Somec looks a beaut, Is that an old Cinelli aero helmet on the bike ? I had one but too scared to wear it on my TT's..lol

Yes it is Indeed. It's labled by Cees Boer from the netherlands. I am scared, too, but it will have to be on my head for that occasion. ;)

Years ago my friends was all wearing the 'coal shuttle' aero helmet and when I got my mint
Cinelli version I only wore it once and had the piss took out of me because of its shape!!!

Don't understand. Was it so different to were than the others and that's what irritated you or was it just the fear damaging it? :?

To be honest it looked to small for me! but it wasn't as it the fitment was great
but compared to my other friends which looked lovely.

I'm the one on the back! My friend is on the front riding my Premier bike and 'his' aero helmet is also
mine but I refused to wear my Cinelli that day after I compared them together :facepalm:
74855_1676914410595_308105_n_zpsf2ac3a31.jpg

Back