Wheel Storage

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Good evening all,

Odd query this, but has anyone any innovative storage solutions for bike wheels?

I have a few sets of wheels and rims and they are taking up a lot of room and i have limited space - any bright ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks all, and a Merry Christmas to you all,

Richard

I have the answer.................
Acquire more frames this allows the handy storage of no less than 2 wheels and enables you to push them into storage areas plus it also provide additional place to store other bike related items such as chainsets and gears etc. with regards to rims they are a really handy way to store any spare hubs you have laying about,just attach them via some spokes then repeat the process above! You can get this past the BCO (bicycle control officer) or the Mrs for short by explaining this will help do away with all those boxes of shines things cluttering up the Shed/Garage/Bedroom.
Seriously though I use a stretchy car luggage net suspended the length of my small apex roof storage shelf, currently home to 5 pairs of built wheels separated by foam sheeting (laminate floor underlay)

Thanks for the various tips - i initially tried the frame option and i think this is where the problem arose!!!

Richard

This is my solution in the roof area of the garage

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 497
  • photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 497
  • photo-9.jpg
    photo-9.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 497
That looks like a good job, unfortunately the space i have does not suit but i may be able to try something similar. Any ideas where you van get cheap hooks?

Richard

If you need them regularly, use hooks.
If you need them once in a blue moon, two hooks and a broom handle works well.

That is a good plan - thanks for the tip. A lot of the wheels and rims are being stored for future projects.

Richard

It's what I've got.
Hooks in the workshop with current/repair/build/race wheels. Anything I'm likely to call on relatively soon. Or need to use at a few minutes notice, or fairly regularly.
Then a couple of broom handles in the attic with spare/storage/off season wheels/rims. Anything I'm going to get a few days notice of. Just involves a swap round when the seasons change, got a sort of system, summer, autumn and winter.

the hooks are cheapest in the poundshops. or try screwfix or toolstation. B&Q and the like are quite expensive

Back