Hello

Valvoltec

Dirt Disciple
Hi really good forum and a wealth of interest and knowledge.
Born again pushbiker,that can be found,puffing and panting on hills in Derbyshire.
Have a couple of modern bikes,a hybrid and a mtb,but also an old mtb and hopefully a Road bike soon!
Thanks for having me onboard! Sean

Welcome aboard :)

Out of Buxton and up Winnats Pass, its been a long time but that run used to nearly kill me!

Hello and welcome also - this is a great site and keeps me in touch with whats going on in europe. I had another go at winnats in july this year - it had been 20 years or so since i last tackled it and it came after 240km riding up from my nans in Luton to my mums place in stockport. I was using my garmin and on the screen it was directing me to castleton so i knew what was coming but i knew there was also a way out through edale but i bit the bullet and did winnats as i knew it was shorter but steeper. What a fantastic ride though - a long day in the saddle but great to ride through the english countryside again and only one puncture.. Oh and the look on my mums face when i knocked on her door and then the look on my teenage brothers face when i had to borrow his clothes..

Hi mapturner ,love the location my lady visted New zealand earlier this year spent a month touring in a camper van.She tells me you have real hills there you call mountains.
A stunning place from the pictures,that I would love to visit!
I am the other side of Derbyshire from Buxton,near to Matlock and 240km is a weeks riding for me!

Hello again - yep New Zealand is beautiful and camper van is a great way to see it - i have done it a couple of times and managed to get a good chunk of it done in a few weeks. It is great for cycling out here also so if you ever come over this way somethong to consider. Not too many mountains where i am in auckland but the further south you go they start getting bigger and bigger. I Do like derbyshire though and will be over again next year though will drive up north this time. They are having l'eroica there next year i believe with all the vintage bikes. Could be fun.

Latest posts

Back