David Millar Film

Is it a 90 minute film with 1 minute about drug cheating and the other 89 about just how wrong it is to cheat? Can't wait :)

I feel sorry for your friend , no time for him or any other cheat . Makes me sceptical about my racing heroes , and that's not fair on them or me . Lifetime ban from all sport in any capacity is the only way IMO .
Mike

I'm interested to see how it turns out as a documentary, at least from the viewpoint of what pushed him to taking drugs, he's wasn't the first and certainly (very sadly) won't be the last. I supported Lance and was astounded by his achievement pretty much up until is all started falling apart. I feel cheated by a cheat but I'm still interested in what drives people to do it.

Don't mind Millar and be interested to see the film.

Think his book is a good read, comes across better than he does in TV interviews. One thing which the book makes clear is his 'journey' (in a X-Factor) style to doping. It's not like he started riding and started smashing the EPO. It came after years of dedication and training along with the realisation the playing field wasn't level. Not trying to say what Millar did was 'right' but can certainly understand why he did it.

John":288h1gd3 said:
Don't mind Millar and be interested to see the film.

Think his book is a good read, comes across better than he does in TV interviews. One thing which the book makes clear is his 'journey' (in a X-Factor) style to doping. It's not like he started riding and started smashing the EPO. It came after years of dedication and training along with the realisation the playing field wasn't level. Not trying to say what Millar did was 'right' but can certainly understand why he did it.

I guess he was one of many of that generation who felt the pressure to dope.you still need to be a class rider to make it. there was always a saying that you need to be clean as a amature to make it as a pro

He was making a living at it regardless , taking medals , money and the machismo that goes along with it . I think more of the riders who have retired having been beaten by him and others like him . After all , they were the best of the clean riders . Little consollation though when they're trying to scrape a living since retirement .
Lifetime ban should be the only punishment

How many were clean in the pro peleton back in the 90s? Even Fignon mentions the increase in the speed of the races towards the end of his career, clearly due to the prevalent use of EPO / blood doping. Like I said before, I'm not saying it's right but can see why he and others did it. Like many things in life this isn't a black and white situation.

Whilst I salute those riding clean during those times surely the writing was on the wall?

There were a lot fewer than there are now . However , some still think they can get away with it . And that is the most depressing thing about being a fan of the sport . Who can you believe , and is this legacy fair on the new generation ?
That's partly why I gave up on cycling as a sport , and took to mtbing .

Back