This is a long shot guys - question about a Ken Bird frame.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
I am keen to restore my Ken Bird time trail frameset, decals are tricky, but I understand Ken's son Simon has some.

Does anyone know Simon Bird or how to get in touch with him?

Long shot but worth a try - as this restoration means a great deal to me.

Cheers, Jon.

Re: This is a long shot guys - question about a Ken Bird fra

Sorry Jon, can't help with the decals :) but just out of sheer curiosity is the rame finished in a light colour / light metallic. Never remember coming across a dark coloured one.

Best of luck with your search.

Shaun

Excel":6hhy9drs said:
Mario Vaz did my Ken Bird frame with original transfers a year or so back also Simon was posting awhile ago and gave his email as:
<< simon@greenwalk26.fsnet.co.uk >>

Appreciate the lead(s) Excel, did Mario do a good job...could you post a few images?

Cheers, Jon.

Midlife":15rdjrri said:
Sorry Jon, can't help with the decals :) but just out of sheer curiosity is the rame finished in a light colour / light metallic. Never remember coming across a dark coloured one.

Best of luck with your search.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

my Bird (tee-hee) was originally a pale enamel* with the trademark lug drillings picked out in a contrasting colour with lug lining in gold - it'll be refinished the same, I'll post images when it's refinished though.

Only real problem will be selecting suitable componentry as the originals (apart from brakes) have all gone.

It also has your favourite seat cluster!

Cheers, Jon.

*Ken's trademark colour was white, of course many were finished according to the customer's wishes.

Latest posts

Back