Help identifying Bar / Stem Diameter...

Quigs Snr

Dirt Disciple
Trying to identify what handlebars I need on my new project. The ones that are on it have a Cinelli Milano logo on both sides. Sadly 38cm wide when I would like 40cm. Can anyone tell me what model they are (and more importantly their diameter, so I can purchase replacements). The stem is a 3TTT one with Colnago Pantographs all over it.

BarStem.jpg

If anyone knows a good location to get a decent period bar (early/mid eighties) do let me know.

Also, the bike appears to have a 28x17!! cassette - 6 speed on the rear (Campy Super Record Hub). Anyone know where I would get a compatibe replacement more in the 12/13ish x 25 range ?

One more thing for the Colnago experts... the decals on the bike (84/85 Master I think), are just stuck on... not under the clear coat... is this standard for a Colnago ?

Actually regarding the decals, it looks like they should be clearcoated, so this one has been resprayed at some point, although it is still definitely an early Master.

Bars are 1970s Cinelli Criterium (No. 65) They should be 26.4mm diameter, but AFAIK TTT stems (and bars) were usually 26.0mm? so either the bars or stem may have been slightly forced or 'doctored' into compatibility with the other. likely the stem, if the shield logos are still on the bars. I think TTT 'Gimondi' bars were a similar bend, if that's what you're after, and if your stem is still 26mm.. If OTOH it's been doctored to accomodate Cinelli, best stick with Cinelli bars.

are the rear cogs a cassette or freewheel ? if its an Italian freewheel and you want to stay with original supplied equipment check the brand and do an ebay search

Back