"C" dropouts

Mr.Toad

Senior Retro Guru
Hello RBer's

Been wracking my brain (and Google) trying to identify the dropouts on a Japanese made Torelli mt bike I recently acquired, frame was built in 1988, serial number starts with A880*****.

Any ideas what brand of dropouts these could be?

Thank you!

Attachments

• C dropouts.jpg
    C dropouts.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 351
Spent quite a bit more time searching Rensho, Cinelli, vintage dropouts, vertical dropouts, forged dropouts, ect without luck.

I suppose the "C" could just be a code for the model and not the maker at all.

In the end it's really not that important. I'm just a curious guy and this bike has really sparked my interest.

Cheers!

In fairness...

who cares what brands the dropouts are... dropouts are dropouts, there is nothing remarkable about them... when they do their job they are good, if they don't they are bad

ugo.santalucia":3dr71ges said:
In fairness...

who cares what brands the dropouts are... dropouts are dropouts, there is nothing remarkable about them... when they do their job they are good, if they don't they are bad

Gold medal for the pointless point award.

Obviously you don't care what brand the drop outs are, but the OP does, hence his question. Why not get a little respect?

No hurt feelings here.

I've had many bikes both new and old and to me the dropouts are generally something I care about, though never a deal breaker.

So yes they are dropouts and they do work. Sure they are not classy like Henry James' or cool as Campagnolo's but they are still marked and I was hoping someone had information on that mark.

Back