Bike obsession? me?

twofakie

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi all, Check out this Blog, by my partner, about her daily life, its funny and she takes the piss out of me a lot : ) - The last post is about how (apparently) i am obsessed with my bicycle.
http://runofthewindmill.wordpress.com/

Pass it on to your misses as well, I bet they'll recognize the situation.
;)

Cheers,
Pero

I've attached the the sacred centrepiece : )
Its a koga full pro 1981...in progress..

Attachments

• kogafp.jpeg
    kogafp.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 634
Nice bike

We've just came back from the Netherlands from a short break, apart from the millions of Dutch bikes everywhere, the few racers we saw were kogas, and a few Giant mtbs and hybrids. I take it koga is a popular make over there?

As I watched a young lady cycle past on a koga, the mrs said she new I was looking at the bike first :?

Thanks for your reactions guys!

retro-rich: Koga's got a good reputation in The Netherlands I think. For me its a nostalgic thing, as a kid my first racebike was a Koga, also as a kid I visited the Tour de France in 1981 when Peter Winnen won Alpe D'Huez on exactly that bike, thats why I wanted to build this one : )
You probably allready know that Koga is half Dutch, half Japanese...

I recognize that, look at the frame first, the girl on it after : )

robgod: The bike is almost finished now, need to get some handlebar tape, but cant decide, was thinking of white leather..bit pricey..maybe cork.
When its finished ill take a few more pics.

pondlife: :D

obviously its personal preference, but IMO, bars & saddle have to match and white cork tape is usually my first choice.

Although on your bike, a natural leather/tan colour would probably make it look really nice if you want to make it look even more old school.

:D
Rob

Yeah natural leather would also be cool...i think im going for white cork for now...can always change to leather later...Cheers

i really like that, made me smile - the mrs would definitely relate to this. I wont be letting her read it though....it does nothing to support the argument for keeping up ones hobbies! :p

Latest posts

Back