Help Identifying Broken Pinarello Frame

montez

Retro Newbie
Hi, I am in two minds whether or not to keep this frame I found as it is going to take some work to repair, and I still have not got around to fixing my RSP 853 frame.

Any information about the frame would be greatly appreciated, I have looked through the catalogues online and could not find any match. I am not sure how many of the components are original because some have almost certainly being changed.

Spec:

Frame - Pinarello
Brakes - Shimano BR-6208 600EX
Chainset - Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Bars - Cinelli Campione Delmondo
Wheels - Unknown 5 speed (maybe Mavic)
Stem - KOLLCE? (anyone heard of)
Forks - Chrome Gipemme dropouts

Photos:

From the pictures you've posted it only seems like surface damage, scuffs and scratches etc. so, personally, if it's a good bike & rides well, I'd clean it and leave it as it is.

I thought the strange rear brake bridge would give it away as I cannot find other pinarellos like it

Can you not see any tubing stickers ?
There must be some trace of them. It would most likely be Columbus Cromor or SL.
The seatstay bridge, and various other bits shown in the photos are typical Pinarello, nothing strange about them.
If you're trying to decide whether to keep it/repair it then I'd find out what tubing it has. If it's only Cromor, and you're more into exotic tubing, then just pass it onto someone else.

Back