Circa 1980s Mick Walker of Skipton Road Bike

malcolmw

Retro Newbie
I have a retro road Bike with Mick Walker of Skipton name on the frame I know he had a shop at Water Lane Skipton in the 80s I think the frame was supplied by a Mel Bently of Leeds who also supplied the wheels.
However I am aware that neither of these gentlemen were frame builders, anyone happen to know who supplied Mick Walker/Mel Bentley with frames for the record frame is reynold 531c tubing with slghtly decorative lugs

Mel got his frames from a variety of sources. I know Brian Rourke did some, so did Steve Elsworth, Patrick Schils and someone else in Holland that I can't think of at the moment. It's possible that Autostrada might have supplied some as well?

So, very hard to tie down the origins I reckon. I see Mel occasionally so if I remember I'll ask him - but don't hold your breath ;)

BTW, Mel is/was an excellent wheel builder so the wheels should be OK.

Old Ned":239mh99o said:
someone else in Holland that I can't think of at the moment. .

Just remembered, it was Jan Kole who now has a factory in China making some lovely frames to order.

Regarding giving out e-mail addresses, I'd rather not if you don't mind. In fact, I'm not sure I've even got it. Probably best to wait until I bump into him even if it takes a little while. He's not involved in the bike trade these days but I do see him out on the bike occasionally.

Thanks for your help have narrowed down when frame made between 1975 and 1980 got this info from autostrada [it is not one of theirs]
Malcolmw

Latest posts

Back