Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:27 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:49 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

sorry Iam a newbie - so this is mine TVT92. It's the first bike of beginning a carbon bike collection.

It's a HM version . I used assos tubulars rims and a Turbo saddle.
But I don't know exactly which rims had been ridden by Greg Lemond within this Z-Team bike. Campagnolos OMEGA or OMEGA V - or any other Italian like Ambrosini or FIR. I had a pair of FIR Pulsar (but they have 32 holes)

Further I am looking for a SCOTT drop-in handle bar and a correponding stem (Cinelli?) because the 3TTT combo are not really correct. someone ca give me a tip where I can get this items.

In the meantime I am also working on the completion of a LOOK LDS KG 171 ONCE -Team Bike of 1997/1998 of Jaja!
I try to investigate which wheels and components (excl. Campa Record Titanium) had he used when he had ridden it. But I can't find so much photos within the web.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments:
File comment: total weight 9.39 kgs
greg for President.JPG
greg for President.JPG [ 477.52 KiB | Viewed 1356 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:04 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

gridno27 wrote:
sorry Iam a newbie - so this is mine TVT92. It's the first bike of beginning a carbon bike collection.

It's a HM version . I used assos tubulars rims and a Turbo saddle.
But I don't know exactly which rims had been ridden by Greg Lemond within this Z-Team bike. Campagnolos OMEGA or OMEGA V - or any other Italian like Ambrosini or FIR. I had a pair of FIR Pulsar (but they have 32 holes)

Further I am looking for a SCOTT drop-in handle bar and a correponding stem (Cinelli?) because the 3TTT combo are not really correct. someone ca give me a tip where I can get this items.

...sorry - now I think it'will be nearly complete after last changes
instead of the Chorus parts - now with a nice Campagnolo C-Record Crank, a corresponding Rear derailleur
a Scott drop-in bar , a Selle San Marco Concor and a pair Campagnolo Omega 19 tubulars with Campagnolo hubs

Attachments:
TVT92_Z Team_C-Record_1.jpg
TVT92_Z Team_C-Record_1.jpg [ 291.33 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi The Z team 1990 used 8 speed down tube shifters NOT ergos on the TVT's, They also used Campagnolo rims not 100% sure which model,
I'm 90% sure that the Stem was a Scott or a 3ttt Rebadged as Scott Maybe the Record 84 model?
Pedals were the Time White Equipe & the Silver/Grey Titan models. Tubs would have been 23mm for road only 19 20mm for TT.

Nice bike though all the same WELL DONE
Here 1s mine with the wrong bar tape (doh) it should have the White Benotto Stuff :)
viewtopic.php?t=235545&start=0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:13 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

...yes indeed you are right - Greg Lemond used 8-Speed downtube shifters - but I am a kid of Ergopower/STi - Age.
So I decide to use these 1st Gen. Ergopowers and now I want not destroy this really nice SCOTT drop-in bar ( I build it with glossy black coloured adhesive
lamination and 4 yellow Scott stickers
. The stem is a 3ttt record 84 - I haven't found wihtin the last several years a SCOTT quill stem.
The rims are Campagnolo's OMEGA 19 tubulars with Vittoria Corsa SC (I think these are the best Retro-looking tubulars at the moment)

The Intention to build up this bike was to take part with it at L'Eroica in 2015 - Then it will have an age of 25 years.

OFF Topic - have you seen the Banesto labled TVT92 within ebay for 800 USD - but it is a HR Version without TVT
engraved on seat muffle and it has not the correct decals on the top tube. But it was good home work. In the beginning
I have the same Intention with my TVT92 but my dealer convinced myself to build it up in origin colour as a Z Team
Probike Replica.

Attachments:
TVT92_vorne_50.jpg
TVT92_vorne_50.jpg [ 160.7 KiB | Viewed 1116 times ]
TVT92_Front.jpg
TVT92_Front.jpg [ 167.3 KiB | Viewed 1116 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 am 
Retro Guru

gridno27 wrote:

OFF Topic - have you seen the Banesto labled TVT92 within ebay for 800 USD - but it is a HR Version without TVT
engraved on seat muffle and it has not the correct decals on the top tube. But it was good home work. In the beginning
I have the same Intention with my TVT92 but my dealer convinced myself to build it up in origin colour as a Z Team
Probike Replica.

Yes I have seen that on e-bay a while ago. I I'm sure I made a comment about it not being a genuine team bike on a thread somewhere on retrobike. I think its been resprayed 7 had the wrong decals fitted. Plus I've never seen an HM model without the engraved Lugs. Oh yes I used to sell these TVT's in my shop back in the late 80's to early 90's.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:41 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

so this the actual Version - now with number plate and 2 pieces of purple T.A. Specilaites bottle Cages
Attachment:
TVT92_Team Z_GL 1991_01.jpg
TVT92_Team Z_GL 1991_01.jpg [ 389.08 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]

... the next step will be to dismantle the Ergopowers and supersede them by ordinary Campagnolo C-Record brake Levers with white hoods and corresponding downtube shifters.

After this mentioned modification I will come back with photos of the result

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

There's a writeup on my TVT on this site, hopefully some of this can be helpful.

https://greglemondfans.wordpress.com/20 ... nd-bike-1/