Finding a vintage road bike

Tomas Mifek

Retro Newbie
Howdy sports fans

Its been a while since I've been here. I last posted some photos of my two Fat Chances a few years ago. Now, I'm looking for a classic road racing bike for the purpose of, yep, you guessed it, being allowed into the L'Eroica road race/race-not to get to the chow line for the on-course feed zones and apres-race wine and dinner.

I have beaten up 1986 Italian-Canadian Marinoni but I bent it, the front end shakes when I take my weight off the bars, and the parts are a mishmash of Shimano, SunTour and even Suzie parts that replaced the original Campagnolo Triomphe parts that were on there. I even trashed a Croce d'Aune rear derailleur ($250 Canadian originally!) that I threw to a second hand shop. I regret it all now.

So while I can get into the L'Eroica (I think) with my current slag heap, I'd like to find a classic road racing bike of 1980's to 1970's vintage. My internet search of Czech servers has been fruitless as far as finding old Italian and other European bikes. (If someone is looking for a high rise bike, though, I can give you the site of someone who makes replicas of the things here in this wonderfull, post-communist aberation of a market economy and civil society.)

I'd prefer a bike located in Europe, of Italian descent, though other national brands are acceptable. Could anyone offer the internet address of an on-line exchange, bazaar or other location that specializes in historical bikes where I can begin my search?

Thank you

Tomas Mifek
Prague, Czech Republic

Thanks

I spotted the auction watch. I got ripped off by a German dude on a Syncros stem on Ebay once. I'm much more circumspect now. I'd rather deal with seller direct.

Oh! Oh! OH! OH! AAAAAHHHHHHH! THPTHPT!

Aha........

Shiiiiit. Now which one do I pick?

Um, anybody selling a complete Campagnolo gruppo?

Latest posts

Back