Kool-Stop pads don't fit

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mmmm...bought some Kool Stop pads for pre-2000 Campag shoes...but they don't fit :x
How can I tell the age of my brakes...was pretty sure they were 96 Record.
Pictures would help I know...I'll do some later
Carl
PS Why are road brakes so rubbish compared to mtb.

hamster":1iszusve said:
Mine aren't - I can lock up either wheel with 1996 Campag Record and Campag pads.

I can lock up mine too....when I'm walking it :LOL: but yesterday I went down a steep hill that I have cycled down many many times...near the bottom was a lorry. No worries I thought (with my Avid Ultimates/Ceramic Rim head on) I'll just start braking near the bottom.
Mistake...far too close for comfort bike/rear-of-lorry interface :shock: :LOL:

With skinny tyres there just isn't that much to put the force down onto the road, plus they are not designed to clear mud etc.

The only time mine are scary is when it's really wet - it takes a couple of seconds to strip the water from the rim before the brakes bite properly. Down long descents I keep squeezing the brakes periodically to keep the rim dryish, especially when I see a corner coming up. Also, I suspect that a lot of the water flow is round the tyre onto the rim instead of just flicked off the shoulder of the tyre.

I think that because road bikes generally go a lot faster it takes some time to get used to it.

I weigh 100 kilos and can lock either wheel with campag dual pivot brakes...

Pull harder on the lever!

Back