Newbie with oldie!

charlie_cheese

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
So if I'm joining a new forum, I'll start with a HELLO to anyone reading this out there who will be new friends and lifejourney helpers.

I'm a married 31 year old, who has always been on a bike, from BMX bandits to Tour de France fanatism, to Downhill mentalism and Victoria Pendleton worship (what is it about her?!)

However, I've NEVER bought a brand new bike, and my best purchase ever was my Raleigh Touriste - from somewhere in the mid eighties, bought in the mid nineties for £50 - spent only £200 in 15 years of my care and it rides like it's brand new!! If i was to try and buy this bike new now, with equivalent parts, it would be about £800 - so very good value I reckon!! And no it's NOT for sale!! I'll be riding it around skye next week, and down to Brighton in August, and around the Scottish Borders whenever I can in the meantime and future.

Also, thanks to a buddy I've known since I was 7, I own a 2000 Marin which I was GIVEN, and having fitted a new bottom bracket and new chainset, I've been riding it for about 4 years, completing a coast to coast last October and numerous other moutain bikey rides some even with my daughter on the kiddie seat behind my saddle.

HAPPY DAYS...happy daze

Charlie

Welcome

Around here we buy bits, build bikes, photograph them, then sell them (or break them up into bits and sell those). Rarely do we ride them, and IF we do it's around the park or maybe to the pub. To be part of the gang you're supposed to own 1 more bike than your wife is happy with.

You also have to spend 3 years building a 'keeper', with all the trick bits you can find. This will be the bike of your dreams, the one you lusted after since you were a kid and the one which you'll never sell. And then after 2 weeks you'll sell it.

So let's have no more talk of actually riding your bikes and join the team. ;)

Don't listen to him! :roll:

Lots of us ride our bikes a lot - even race them.

Mind you, I still buy them, take them apart, rebuild them, sell them.

It's like a drug - but better! :D

Back