Anyone want to takeover my Gios restoration?

oldgit

Retro Guru
I have an early 90s Gios Evolution frame that needs work.
The frame is the CSS52 type and it is the frame only, though I have some unused polished alloy 1" Ahead forks as well.
The problem is I damaged the seat tube drilling out a Campag seatpost that hadn't been moved for 20 years, basically I've holed it!
The frame hasn't been used since I raced it in about 1993.

I have had the hole repaired by an engineer, the finish isn't A1 but I was happy. I was about to get it powder coated as well.
If this isn't worth a penny then I'll keep it and build it up over time.
If anyone is interested then let me know.

3925276607_7b9058a3b0_b.jpg

The bike as it was.

What size is it? It looks an interesting project and the repair could be checked out by an experienced frame builder.

I think it's 22.5" I'm sure that's what I raced back then. The hole has been welded up and not filled, then reamed out. I had no issues with the idea of building it up and riding it all winter.
I was about to have it powder coated as close to Gios blue as possible, then built up with budget Shimano for winter and training duties.

It's Masseman? tubing CSS52. 1" headtube. semi horizontal drop outs so it could be converted to run s/s. Italian thread B/B, I've got a 73mm Octalink for it. And I've removed the enamel head badge for painting.

It looks like quite a nice frame, and the repair looks well executed, I'd be interested to know what you'd want for it, send me a pm if you like.

Back