Identification Colnago Master X Light

X Light

Retro Newbie
Hello, new to this lovely forum and my first post.

I have just bought this nice Colnago Master X Light with Dura Ace 7700 components. I have found out, that Master X Light has been produced between 2000 - 2004 and then again in 2006 as last production. My question is what year it has been produced in?

As it is fitted with Ceramicspeed krank bearings (ref. marking on down tube), it could be a late model I think. But then the painted front fork confuse me, as it is painted and not chromed ?

Any idea what year it could be from, as the seller didn't know.

Attachments

• Colnargo X Light.jpg
    Colnargo X Light.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 695
  • Colnargo X Light......jpg
    Colnargo X Light......jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 692
Re: New retro Colnago Master X Light

These are still being made today so I think yours in within 2-3yrs old..is my gut feeling

Re:

https://tubirinforzati.wordpress.com/20 ... 4aUlpdqauo

I'd guess at early-mid 2000s so not much help for the exact year sorry... Technically almost identical to the current Master (cable routing, dropouts etc) but the paint here looks like that 2000s era. The painted fork might be the give-away to someone who knows this topic better. The tube decal also - if its a Columbus 'Gilco Design' I've been told that makes it pre-2009/10, as they changed to a non-Columbus tube after that. Same spec, different maker.
The Ceramicspeed decal is probably only a couple of years old though : )

Thanks for your replies. The frame number says 0E967. I have send an email to Colnago and asked about year, but got no reply...

Re:

Nice looking bike, that'll be great to ride.
The Shimano components are probably the best clue for dating the bike. Dura ace 7700 appeared in 1996 and lasted until 2004 when 10 speed 7800 was introduced.

Yes my guess is that it is from 2000 - 2004 where the frames was produced (+ in 2006) altough it is still possible to buy new frames. But I discovered a Campagnolo sticker hidden behind the crank, so the Dura Ace 7700 can have been fitted later on....
Here is a new updated photo with Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, which almost made the bike 1 kg lighter= less rolling resistance and with light Michelin Power tires and Latex tubes. I look forward to try them out tomorrow for the first time with hopefully dry and sunny weather.

Attachments

• X Light Ksyrium.jpg
    X Light Ksyrium.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 472

Latest posts

Back