Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:17 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 150  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2776
Location: Londres
Here we go:
This Raleigh SPD custom painted frame was sold by Retrobiker Paininthe. For £80! I wonder how much this frame would go for. Now?


Attachments:
33C7ADF3-9F4E-4B0B-B6C1-1A8367D1489E.jpeg
33C7ADF3-9F4E-4B0B-B6C1-1A8367D1489E.jpeg [ 237.91 KiB | Viewed 610 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:38 am
Posts: 56
ultrazenith wrote:
mtbkez wrote:
Is the seatpost size on an mt4 26.8 cant seem to find a size and the front mech size too


I just went down to the man cave to double check my MT4, and the seat post is 26.4 mm. The front mech has a 28.6 mm clamp, and is bottom pull.

Thanks mate :D much appreciated


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2776
Location: Londres
Mahoney1978 wrote:
About that Decade does anyone have one for sale? Massive long shot I know!! I remember stumbling upon it in an MBUK at the time and thinking if only....

The last person to BUY one here on RB is user futuristicoldman memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17770

You can ask him if he still has it and if he’d like to part with it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 285
Location: New Zealand
ibbz wrote:
Mahoney1978 wrote:
About that Decade does anyone have one for sale? Massive long shot I know!! I remember stumbling upon it in an MBUK at the time and thinking if only....

The last person to BUY one here on RB is user futuristicoldman memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17770

You can ask him if he still has it and if he’d like to part with it


Thanks IBBZ. Appreciate the heads up.

I’m in New Zealand so it makes this ‘hunting’ a little trickier


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:15 am 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2776
Location: Londres
Mahoney1978 wrote:
ibbz wrote:
Mahoney1978 wrote:
About that Decade does anyone have one for sale? Massive long shot I know!! I remember stumbling upon it in an MBUK at the time and thinking if only....

The last person to BUY one here on RB is user futuristicoldman memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17770

You can ask him if he still has it and if he’d like to part with it


Thanks IBBZ. Appreciate the heads up.

I’m in New Zealand so it makes this ‘hunting’ a little trickier


Totally understand that mate
But nothing ventured nothing gained - give it a try as I doubt there’ll be one for sale anywhere anytime soon - even MT4/5 Frames are now rare to find - there are a few Diablos and MTrax with bonded frames around but nothing higher end . Keep us up to date


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2776
Location: Londres
My Raleigh RSP 400
Just need to add a black XLite Clikon Seatpost replace the HS for a CKing and some new decals oh and a clean.
With:
Magura Raceline
Magura Rond o24u
Mavic Crossrides
Rockshox Deluxe RS
XTR M900 RM and Shifters
XLite Fly stem
XLite XC bars
USE Alien (to be replaced)
Roox Cranks with TA rings
WTB SST98 saddle


Attachments:
3B044084-6ECD-4808-BE00-D603946A4AE2.jpeg
3B044084-6ECD-4808-BE00-D603946A4AE2.jpeg [ 180.85 KiB | Viewed 545 times ]
1167025E-82B5-42AB-9599-788233CBB376.jpeg
1167025E-82B5-42AB-9599-788233CBB376.jpeg [ 167.81 KiB | Viewed 545 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:55 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:34 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Long Eaton
Picked her up today 92 Diablo but been resprayed and needs some work, the previous owner has lost the tube sticker which shows the dynatech number.
Not sure whether to leave the colour or change it over winter please see the pics and also wondered if I could get a frame number sticker


Attachments:
B1D9CAEB-53A8-4B50-90E0-9077A213DC71.jpeg
B1D9CAEB-53A8-4B50-90E0-9077A213DC71.jpeg [ 51.65 KiB | Viewed 532 times ]
82328989-FA5D-4E17-9745-488C4FCA0A73.jpeg
82328989-FA5D-4E17-9745-488C4FCA0A73.jpeg [ 45.25 KiB | Viewed 532 times ]
DFC3CDB2-A930-4D85-857C-8078B095CF11.jpeg
DFC3CDB2-A930-4D85-857C-8078B095CF11.jpeg [ 47.11 KiB | Viewed 532 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 am 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 am
Posts: 3
Location: The Netherlands
Hi, probably not the best place to ask, but I'm new to the forum (first post, jay!) and I just want to get the question out for now (I'll do a way more extensive post later on):
I'm looking for a UGLI fork in good condition. Any clues on where to look, where to post etc. are welcome!

A bit more info: I'm from the Netherlands, and I still have and ride my 1994 Dynatech Torus.
It's been my daily ride (not just for mountainbiking but also for normal 'Dutch' regular use in and around town) ever since I bought it.
It has been upgraded and changed a lot during the years, and the only original part is the ti frame I think. I crashed and broke the original UGLI forks way back in the beginning, put in a suspension fork, and have been riding that ever since.

After some heavy use and some neglect it really needs some TLC, and I'm stoked to give it a new lease on life. I'm planning on getting rid of the suspension fork (never was really fond of it, and the slack head tube angles that were the result of it), replace it with a non-suspension one (preferrably the UGLI), and put drop bars on it. I want that racy feeling of the MTB's in the nineties back, so think of it as a retro-ish gravel/monster cross bike.

I plan to report on that proces, but as I am on a very low butget don't expect anything too spectacular (and it will take a while as it will be done in phases).

Anyway, any help and info will be appreciated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 am 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2776
Location: Londres
sredlums wrote:
Hi, probably not the best place to ask, but I'm new to the forum (first post, jay!) and I just want to get the question out for now (I'll do a way more extensive post later on):
I'm looking for a UGLI fork in good condition. Any clues on where to look, where to post etc. are welcome!

A bit more info: I'm from the Netherlands, and I still have and ride my 1994 Dynatech Torus.
It's been my daily ride (not just for mountainbiking but also for normal 'Dutch' regular use in and around town) ever since I bought it.
It has been upgraded and changed a lot during the years, and the only original part is the ti frame I think. I crashed and broke the original UGLI forks way back in the beginning, put in a suspension fork, and have been riding that ever since.

After some heavy use and some neglect it really needs some TLC, and I'm stoked to give it a new lease on life. I'm planning on getting rid of the suspension fork (never was really fond of it, and the slack head tube angles that were the result of it), replace it with a non-suspension one (preferrably the UGLI), and put drop bars on it. I want that racy feeling of the MTB's in the nineties back, so think of it as a retro-ish gravel/monster cross bike.

I plan to report on that proces, but as I am on a very low butget don't expect anything too spectacular (and it will take a while as it will be done in phases).

Anyway, any help and info will be appreciated!


Hi mate, welcome. Take a browse through this thread and the sales pages - try a search. I may have seen some for sale recently - I find the UGLI to be just that - ugly! Especially on a Torus- you could try some Pace rigid forks - always some for sale and they look very nice and ride great


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 am
Posts: 3
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
I find the UGLI to be just that - ugly!


LOL, I can not honestly say I find it beautiful per se, but I do find it, hmm… intriguing 8)
The fork stands out, it's not generic, it would make my bike a bit more like it was, and it would restore the geometry my bike had originally. I like that.
It not a must for my project however, if I can't find one for a fair price that's okay, in that case I'll look further (including the Pace forks). And to be honest, I tend to loose focus quite easily, and spend hour upon hour browsing the web for info, so going for one fork helps me keeping the project going. There's so many forks to choose from! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 150  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Peachy!, pipmeister, syncrosfan and 71 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group