Origins of Ringle splash anno...

jonrock

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Considered fairly rare I guess...

Anybody know much about this?...maybe Elite I guess.

I was told recently that splash anno was only available to people that worked in the shops..not sure..but there isnt much about.. :LOL:

Any nice pics?...
J

uh- hum. . .
Right. . . it was an attempt at creating something different and unique. The 3DV and the turquoise were red hot as you all know, but lots of other people got on the bandwagon. There were experiments with some odd and strange colours (check the QR link in my sig, and you'll see some salmon, fuscia, matt leaf green etc), basically to try and keep an edge.

Compared to high volume kalloy etc, Ringlé stuff was still pretty low volume, so they could look into toothbrush flicked dyes and stuff, but the problem was consistency. Again check the hubs in my sig. In around '92-93, MTB was still pretty hippy. You'll see Tye-dye tee's from Ringle and the other botique manfacturers, plus the likes of the Paragon titanium pipes etc, it was pretty much a mini-Woodstock renaissance.

The stuff that made production was pretty much all purple on turquise and a little bit of turquoise on purple. I think Jez has a full kit of splash. There were others, fuscia on pewter was pretty cool, but it was just never even.

It kind of ran for a season, never strong enough to make the catalogues. Generally it sat in cabinets and people said "thats pretty cool", and then just bought the purple or the blue.

I've been trying to get a local anodiser to replicate in black and silver but he's been failing miserably. . . :(

cheers manitou916.
I'm not sure people are 'getting' the links in my sig, so I've made it a little more obvious!
[edit] I though that there were some hub shells in my hub link, I'll add some (pewter: fuscia), and there is a pewter : fuscia zooka in wih the stems. . if you looks closely you can see the fadeout is kind of hazy and 'splashy' as are the hubs. . You just can't easity fade ano unless its on Ti.

Jez did have a blue with purple set. . .
Along with a Grateful dead selection of tye-dyed tee's, some John Lennon glasses, and a stick on beard. .

I remember Kingroon collecting the splash, hoping to get a full set.
Then up pops a hint or two of splash in Jezzy's den of delights....and then.....

.........Kingroon seems to vanish.

Did I get that right?

i would love a set! i think its gorgeous! real yummy looking, how do they do it though?!

BITD i had a pair of splash anno effect bars
i think they were by avinuer (?) they were a blue/purple/pewter colorway
and looked very nice think they were only about £20 or so (92 ish)
never seen any more of these

jog any memories with you guys ?

mike

Back