respray in bristol?

thedirtyroger

Retro Guru
I have a clockwork frma that i would like to get sandblasted and resprayed.

Does anyone know of somewhere in Bristol to get it done or who i could send it too cheaply to be done?

ta

:cool: :cool: :cool:

2nd both of the above (although ABC did dent a frame of mine once as they're more used to bed frames and industrial work).

Another worth trying is http://www.griffsmotorcycleservices.com/1021/frames.php

Does a superb job (single colour) for a little more than ABC (about £45ish I think) but far more care taken.

Argos still wins if you want fancy, but don't expect much change from £100 and can be several times that!!!

I have had a few frames including my Cannondale and Kona done by ABC enamelling of Nailsea and cant fault them for quick service and price, good finish aswell, all you need to take a bare frame and they will sand blast it first and then powder coated it your choice of colour, all usually done in within a week.

Argos is more expensive with a better finish but prone getting chips easily, more suited for garage queens or road bikes, if you wanted to use them, ask for 'two pack' finish which it's stronger than the standard wet paint finish, but limited choice of colours though.

guybe":7bsqrtoy said:
I have had a few frames including my Cannondale and Kona done by ABC enamelling of Nailsea and cant fault them for quick service and price, good finish aswell, all you need to take a bare frame and they will sand blast it first and then powder coated it your choice of colour, all usually done in within a week.

Argos is more expensive with a better finish but prone getting chips easily, more suited for garage queens or road bikes, if you wanted to use them, ask for 'two pack' finish which it's stronger than the standard wet paint finish, but limited choice of colours though.

The Argos 2-pack is an epoxy, which is tough. Something to ask about on powdercoats is whether an earlier primer coat is used. If one isn't, then rust (assuming a steel bike) can appear around any pinholes in the coating and spread underneath it - the bike can look great, but still be rusting. With a steel bike I would definitely, but definitely, want a two stage powdercoat like the one that, say, Windridge do.

guybe":2kk9y1ug said:

Had a look at your bike and it looks brilliant, did ABC enamiling but your decals on or was that something you did later? Did you put a coat of laquer on after the decals?

cheers

thedirtyroger:- I put the decals on by myself and didnt use laquer at all, I got the decals from gil_m and it's waterproof but dont use polish or white meth/spirit on the decals otherwise they will be ruined.

Hope this helps. :)

Argos did my Breezer, complete with repro decals. I can't fault the workmanship but the paint scratches easily. If you're not after a fancy finish then ABC have a very good reputation.

thanks everyone! I've contacted ABC and they have quoted £40. Sounds like a good deal to me. Will show ya'll when its done.

Back