Helmets (Non-purple-R)

J i m s t e r

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I saw a picture of me riding the other day and I thought, God, I look like a right cnut in that! Honestly, trying my best to look like I am midway through an assault/epic on Mt. Ventoux is furthest from my mind on my 30 min commute. It's a short hop to lycra shorts and tops next... (shudder).

However, being a dad and sole breadwinner means I must still remain safety-minded, so I thought about alternatives available for reasonable money.

How about those skate lids? Bit too "Yeah, and when I turn 18 I am going to get full-sleeve tattoos an all!" for a 41 year old?

Then, via the magic of ebay, I gots to considering more er... esoteric options. Whaddya think?

[Search term: Green +helmet]
!BOT5WKgBGk~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLmYdDjBJuBU(RRDQ~~_1.JPG

L_1966a.jpg

AS714.jpg

43870257_o.jpg

Looking like a bell end is no problem, it's the all-the-gear-no-idea look I need to avoid.

Y'know what Kaise, that's what caught my eye too. Nowt like a "Fighter Pilot" for helmet one-upmanship. Plonk this down on the desk at work and you will be swarmed by totty like flies to a freshly-laid dog's egg (They will be imagining you swaggering manfully through the workplace in Officer's whites, cap at a jaunty angle, to sweep them up in your arms like Richard Gere, but without the gerbils).

On the commute to work, knowing nods from emasculated truck and van drivers; your journey heralded by the sound of screeching brakes as their otherwise selfishly-driven vehicles part way for you at roundabouts like some kind of urban Moses on a mission from God.

Not entirely convinced about the ventilation aspects, and the stress on the neck of having a head weighing more than a shire-horse, but at £32 posted from Beijing [item 270390824443], a small price to pay for total commuting gravitas.

Replica Chinese MiG helmet for teh win ever'time!!

Or something a bit more retro...........
hodges.jpg

A classic, I'd say.

if your going to use a helmet like that it has to have actually seen a real war and have the story to back it up . theres no way people wouldnt laugh at you if you said you just got it on ebay :LOL:

you can only use a skate lid if is obvious you had that background , otherwise you look a bit " special "

anyone want to post a pic of jack nicholson in easy rider ?

Latest posts

Back