TET-built serial number sequence? Hot owners?

utahdog2003

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can anyone out there with a confirmed TET Teesdale built frame tell me the sequence of your serial number? I'm trying to confirm my Yokota as being built by Toyo and not TET. To my understanding, TET only built Yokota Half Domes, and only for a short while, but the serial number on my Yosemite is not typical for a Toyo built frame.

So, anyone with a Kona Hot want to tell me where the 'T' falls in your serial number sequence, and how many numbers are in the serial altogether?

EG, "T-####"

I did not buy my Yokota expecting it to be a Teesdale frame, but man, that would be a pleasant surprise! Woot!:LOL:

Thanks! :cool:

Thanks!

Are all Teesdale contracted frames symbolized by 'TET'? That would certainly confirm that my Yokota is a Toyo.

I'm fairly sure they are. There was a discussion on here a couple of weeks back where someone had bought what they thought was a Teesdale Hot with a T XXXX serial number that turned out to be an Explosif (all be it a rare one). Anthony is likely to be able to give you a more definitive answer....

richi78":myqsq796 said:
I'm fairly sure they are. There was a discussion on here a couple of weeks back where someone had bought what they thought was a Teesdale Hot with a T XXXX serial number that turned out to be an Explosif (all be it a rare one). Anthony is likely to be able to give you a more definitive answer....

You mean this Hodaka-made Kona thread? Has an "H-####" number.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=#420070

FluffyChicken":27u5w9ja said:
Actually it was this thread with the explosive pro and T-frame number

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60597

Also the mail from Tom with the TET lower E info.

though email Tom at info@tetcycles.com asking if the TET occurs for your frame as well.

the only one they mention they did was...
Yokota Halfdome 93
tig welded Columbus Nivacrome .7/.4/.7 EL OS Imron 5000 paint.

That's a good thread there. I think that confirms that my Yosemitie is NOT a Teesdale frame. I'll stick with the theory that the T in my serial number comes from Toyo. I like the one post in that thread says that Kona says the 'T' means Tange and one other says that Kona again says it means something different...Taiwan. I wonder how much weed was being passed around the front offices of Kona in the early 1990s...seems like a gloriously unorganized bunch of bike crazies. :cool:

I was aware that Half Domes were TET built at least for a short time...1993 makes sense in my memory, and I had seen that info on the TET website. As far as emailing Teesdale directly, I don't like hassling these buiders with emails too much...seems like we all find reasons to shoot these guys an email when the information has usually been collected by one or another of us already. I might email him were I to be selling the frame, like that guy in your link selling the red and white Explosif-Pro, but I'm not selling the Yosemite, so I'm not interested in talking it up as something it's not. Not really concerned if the 'T' means Tange, Toyo or Taiwan. Teesdale would have been a neat story, but...

Besides, in all honesty, my Yokota has rack mounts for crying out loud! :LOL: I feel better knowing I can continue with my customizing plans without feeling guilty about doing it to a bike with some historical value...

Good stuff Fluffy, thanks for the link. :cool:

And for grins...I was in North Carolina this weekend, riding my EWR and looking for an EWR for Neilll and snapped a few pictures of my friends Hot. Yeah it's real... :cool: :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_3552small.JPG
    IMG_3552small.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • IMG_3553small.JPG
    IMG_3553small.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,150
  • IMG_3554small.JPG
    IMG_3554small.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,150
Back