Mid-School Flatties?

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
What flatties were people running on MTB's around 1996?

I was out of the saddle around then and only rode SPD's when I got back around 1998.

I'm using DMR V-8's

Only because they were already on my bike when i got it , no complaints though , they are pretty good, aint slipped off them yet either ;)

Gc

i was running either oddysey shark bites or some club roost alloy ones but i cant remember the name of them- nice though

for dh/messing about, either oddysey bark shites or wellgo flatties, dmr pedals hadnt become the norm until 97-98. or for xc its goota be tioga surefoot 6's.

Don't bother with Shark Bites if you actually want to ride though- like putting your feet on ice blocks!

The ubiquitous DMR V8 doesn't look out of place on anything. And it's totally rebuildable, which puts it in the same league as much more expensive kit.

Geoff":18rbw2yz said:
Don't bother with Shark Bites if you actually want to ride though- like putting your feet on ice blocks!

ah, depends on your choice of footwear, with vans slip-ons/lace-ups they are a killer combination ;)

they were a killer combo for my battered shins. if you had the cash oddysey black widows all the way :cool: :cool:

Back