creaking pedals

greenfinger

Retro Guru
The cages on both pairs of pedals(beartraps) I have are creaking like buggery much to my annoyance. Any ideas how I can solve this as I've not got the cash to buy new ones at the moment...

The cage screws are done up to their tightest but still creaking when under force :roll:

Thanks for the reply, have tried that though mate, doesn't seem to cure it long term, only for a short journey then back to creak creak creak AAAGGGHHHHH it's doing my head in.

Must get it sorted as the ride to work is becoming a pain in the backside(or ears should I say) :roll:

Re: .

Grannygrinder":2rw1h5yl said:
Are you sure its the pedals and not the cranks at the bottom bracket?

Yeah 100%. When I discovered both sets I had were making creaking noises I initially thought it could be bottom bracket, but I tested with pedals off neighbours bike just to make sure, and sure enough no creaking.

So yeah deffinately pedals

I expect you're right about it being the pedals from the sound of it, but I had a similar kind of annoying creaking noise, just at a particular point as the rhs pedal was beginning to go down. Investigated quite a bit until I heard the same creak as I was walking about. It's my shoe!

Any hints about how to stop a shoe creaking will be gratefully received. But before anybody suggests it, I refuse to grease my foot.

Anthony":31g66yoa said:
I expect you're right about it being the pedals from the sound of it, but I had a similar kind of annoying creaking noise, just at a particular point as the rhs pedal was beginning to go down. Investigated quite a bit until I heard the same creak as I was walking about. It's my shoe!

Any hints about how to stop a shoe creaking will be gratefully received. But before anybody suggests it, I refuse to grease my foot.

Walk Around on Your Tiptoes.

It'll stop the creaking, and possibly improve your pedaling.

:D

Back