What Year & Model? Marin?

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Hey guys, not so much a Marin expert, can someone tell me the year of this frame, its a Marin which has been de-stickered, laquered finish, i'm guessing 93-96, cheers!

Attachments

• Jmarin2.jpg
    Jmarin2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 805
  • Jmarin1.jpg
    Jmarin1.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 805
FluffyChicken":2ma29tv4 said:
No it is not.

Bear Valley = Steel

EDIT
What is the frame number ?

:? i bought this from a friend who bought it when it was 6 months old, he can't remember how long ago, he assured me it was a Bear Valley? it is a Marin?

Frame No. M53CAD006

That would put it as a Bear Valley 1993 :?

(19" centre to centre)

But the 1993 Bear Valley is defiantly Cro-Mo Steel.

Rocky Ridge, Nail Trail and Indian Fire Trail where the Alu ones.

EDIT/ Just thinking it allowed, you mate of mate of man down pubs mate type thing. A member here ? May have got the Bear Valle name from the coding, the Alu frames may have the same number but I don't know which one the first number 5 corresponds too

afaik, for Alu#
L = Nail Trail
J = Indian Fire Trail

Maybe it's S and is the Rocky Ridge ?

FluffyChicken":pih71u4z said:
That would put it as a Bear Valley 1993 :?

(19" centre to centre)

But the 1993 Bear Valley is defiantly Cro-Mo Steel.

Rocky Ridge, Nail Trail and Indian Fire Trail where the Alu ones.

EDIT/ Just thinking it allowed, you mate of mate of man down pubs mate type thing. A member here ? May have got the Bear Valle name from the coding, the Alu frames may have the same number but I don't know which one the first number 5 corresponds too

cheers for the info, my mates not a member on here, i've known him for years, really must find the model now as the frame will be for sale!

Edited while you where posting so I'll repeat

afaik, for Alu#
L = Nail Trail
J = Indian Fire Trail

FluffyChicken":32a2f4ub said:
Edited while you where posting so I'll repeat

afaik, for Alu#
L = Nail Trail
J = Indian Fire Trail

yeah i think u have cracked it, the only original parts it had was the handlebars and DX front mech which matches the 93 Rocky Ridge.

For sale section it goes, cheers 4 the help :)

i'm 99% sure its a 1994 ift or nail trail because the tubing sticker is the same as mine. nail trail and ift had the same frame afaik. just different components.

Inigo Montoya":11uqevyn said:
i'm 99% sure its a 1994 ift or nail trail because the tubing sticker is the same as mine. nail trail and ift had the same frame afaik. just different components.

ok cool, just edited my for sale advert, don't want to mislead anyone!

btw. FluffyChicken is totally correct with the production year of the frame (i.e. 1993) but i think the frame was assambled to become a 1994 model.

Back