Marin Team DH, can anyone help?

cg172

Retro Newbie
Hi folks, first post, so please be gentle!

I read the article in "dirt" a couple of years ago about the guy who built the Palmer FRS rep, and it got me thinking that I'd like to try somthing similar. But before going full on with a proper full on pro replica (I'm thinking LOBO or Intense M1 for that one... :D ), I'd try somthing a bit simpler.

SO:

Does anyone have any info, or an idea of the spec of the original Marin Team DH bikes? They were based around a 6" travel FRS frame, and I think they had a carbon Mantiou X vert up front, although that could just be wishful thinking. That's about as much as I can remember.

Any help would be much appreciated. :cool:

Was this the FRS model based on the early Marin Mount Vision frame design. I met a member of TROG at Tunstall Forest who used to race DH for the Marin UK team. He was amazed my bike was still running as the swing arms had a habit of cracking (mine has a modern replacement swing arm).

Oh, and welcome to RB :cool:

I drooled over the catalogue that year 99/00 and went for the B17.

I think it did run the X-vert Carbons, Dee Max too? I'll root around for the catalogue could be anywhere..

Ben

Interesting..I expect that'll be something like the quake? Looked heavy and overcomplicated to me, especially for a Marin, though I belive they ride well.

B

Back